Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nic's Middle-of-the-Night Swaddle Idea

This little swaddling clip is for my sister Robyn, who months ago asked me to post a swaddling tutorial. It is the best way I've found, ever, to swaddle a baby. Nic discovered it in the middle of the night when I thought he was sound asleep and I was trying to get Kurt in a tight swaddle, but he just kept wiggling out of it. Nic popped up like he had never been sleeping and said, "hand him to me, I just thought of a good way to swaddle."

The muslin aden + anais blankets are the best blankets to use for this swaddle because they are so light and so big. Kurt still sleeps best when we swaddle him at night and he is almost 6 months. It's true that he likes to have his arms free sometimes, but we've found that most nights he is still comforted by being swaddled because when he's swaddled he doesn't nock his binky out with his always moving hands.

1 comment:

Jef Saunders said...

Okay, that seriously is amazing! It's a crazy swaddle and I can't wait to use it on Millie. Thanks a billion for posting it. Hi it's Annie, I actually posted this for my mom. It's awesome, and it looks so cute!!!