Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hearing Screening

We went to Jordan District's Child Development Center today so Clark could get his hearing screened. The reason we did this is because our pediatrician said that Clark might have fluid in his ears.

Clark and I went into a booth with 2 chairs set up so that I could sit behind Clark. Each of the corners had a small clear box hanging on the wall with toys that lit up and made noises and the person administering the test would make some kind of sound from one of the directions and when Clark looked in the appropriate direction of the sound it would light up and make noises. (For example, in one of the boxes was one of those stuffed animals that barks and wags its tail).

Clark sat so still for the entire test (about 5 minutes) and only moved his head to look when he heard a noise. He also sat still while the test administrator checked his hearing with other little gadgets. When we were done I asked her if it's this easy to test all the kids she tested and she said she couldn't believe Clark was so cooperative.

I'm still baffled by Clark's behavior and it makes me laugh to think how incredibly quiet and attentive he was, I felt like I had entered "bizzaro world." Needless to say, Clark's hearing is normal.

2 comments:

THE HAGES said...

I am so glad to hear his hearing is normal. One less thing you have to worry about. I am so excited to see you guys. Oh and has his speech started yet? Ceightons starts this Friday and I am wondering what happens. Anyway, LOVE YA!

Brittney said...

That's great! I'm glad he's all right. And have a fabulous time in PA!